An efficient transportation system will not only move people, but also serve as an economic catalyst and help protect Penang’s irreplaceable cultural and historical resources.
As a state government close to the people, the administration believes public participation through meaningful communication and engagements will assist the planning process.
Many engagements and events have been organised to hear the people’s views and to raise awareness on the projects, initiatives and services that will be offered via the PTMP. More programmes will be held as the PTMP progresses.
- 4 & 5 June 2020 – Coastal Fishermen Receive Penang People’s Aid Package 2.0
- 21 & 22 May 2020 – Coastal Fishermen Receive Penang People’s Aid Package 2.0
- 13 April 2020 – Penang Chief Minister Chow Kon Yeow presents food aid to fishermen from the Teluk Kumbar, Permatang Damar Laut, Gertak Sanggul and Sg Batu units, who were affected by the Covid-19 Movement Control Order (MCO) enforcement
- 8 April 2020 – Mutiara Food Bank donates provisions to 10 fishermen in Batu Maung, who were affected by the Covid-19 Movement Control Order (MCO) enforcement
- 8 April 2020 – NGO AnakPinang donates groceries to Sg Batu, Gertak Sanggul and Teluk Kumbar fishermen units affected by the Covid-19 Movement Control Order (MCO) enforcement
- 6 March 2020 – Land Acquisition Workshop with Land and Mines Department Penang.
- 22 January 2020 – Fisheries Development Authority (LKIM) and Agriculture and Agro-based Industry Ministry officers visit Pusat Perkhidmatan Setempat Nelayan (PPSN) Permatang Damar Laut
- 16 January 2020 – Master Design Competition (MDC) finalists visit PPSN Permatang Damar Laut.
- 19 December 2019 – Fishermen Taskforce chairman and state agriculture exco Dr Afif Bahardin meets fishermen in Kg Binjai, Permatang Damar Laut
- 27 November 2019 – PPSN Permatang Damar Laut organises Recycling and Environmental Day for local children
- 18 April 2019 – Engagement session with MPKK Desa Permata, Paya Terubong
- 15 April 2019 – Penang Government press conference on Pan Island Link 1’s Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) approval
- 5 April 2019 – Engagement session with MPKK Taman Sempadan
- 5 April 2019 – Engagement session with KDU University College, Penang
- 26 March 2019 – Bayan Lepas LRT site visit by the Land Public Transport Agency (APAD)
- 1 March 2019 – Engagement session with Hunza Group
- 18 February 2019 – Engagement session with MPKK Taman Reservoir
- 31 January 2019 – Engagement session with MPKK Kampung Binjai
- 29 January 2019 – Engagement session with the media at Bernama Penang
- 28 January 2019 – Engagement session with the media at Radio Televisyen Malaysia (RTM), Penang
- 14 January 2019 – Engagement session with B. Braun Medical Industries (BMI)
- 1 July 2020 – Signing of the Master Agreement for Project Delivery Partner for the Implementation of the Penang Transport Master Plan (PTMP) between the Penang Government and SRS Consortium
- 23 January 2020 – Bayan Lepas assemblyman YB Azrul Mahathir Aziz distributes Chinese New Year hampers to the elderly and fishermen families in Gertak Sanggul
- Zenith Agreement Signing Ceremony with Penang State
- Ground breaking Ceremony
- 20 August 2019 – Penang Government press conference on the Bayan Lepas LRT Public Inspection at Komtar
- 27 July 2019 – Penang LRT Hunt 2019
- 14 March 2019 – UK Penang Infrastructure Forum at Jen Hotel, George Town
- 13 July 2019 – PKR president and Port Dickson MP Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim visits PPSN Permatang Damar Laut
- 1 February 2019 – Chinese New Year cheer for the multiracial community
Public Forum on PTMP at Dewan Sri Pinang
Town hall session on the EIA for the proposed Pan Island Link 1
Sayangi Penangku Hunt
The Penang Government organised this car-free hunt as part of the public engagement series for the proposed Bayan Lepas LRT component.