Overall PTMP - An Inclusive Transport System for Penang
*Note: Transit alignment & system subject to review prior to implementation.
The Penang Transport Master Plan (PTMP) is a comprehensive, efficient and well-connected transport strategy and will set the framework for an integrated and modern transport system on both land and sea for the benefit of the people of Penang. This transport blueprint comprises various transportation systems and services such as elevated light rail transit (LRT), monorail, bus rapid transit (BRT), tram, taxi, e-hailing, ferry and water taxi. PTMP aims to achieve a public:private transport modal share of 40:60 by the year 2030.
The priority projects to be delivered under PTMP are the Bayan Lepas LRT (BL LRT) line and the Pan Island Link 1 (PIL 1) highway.
THROUGH PTMP, WE CAN:
● Mitigate worsening congestion
● Enhance accessibility and connectivity to move people around with alternative modes of transportation
● Improve our standard of living and liveability
● Enhance Penang’s appeal as an ideal business and leisure destination
● Reignite interests in our local culture and heritage. PTMP ensures we can continue to be culturally aware of our surroundings to strengthen the muhibbah spirit