The Ayer Itam – Lebuhraya Tun Dr. Lim Chong Eu Bypass
The bypass from Bandar Baru Ayer Itam (Farlim) connecting to Lebuhraya Tun Dr. Lim Chong Eu is the first project to be implemented under the PTMP, with the groundbreaking ceremony held on 2 November 2019.
The bypass is toll free.
The four-lane bypass serves as an alternative route to reach the northern and southern Penang Island and it will:
- Reduce travelling time substantially: From 40 minutes to 5 minutes from Ayer Itam to Lebuhraya Tun Dr. Lim Chong Eu.
- Ease traffic congestion: Three interchanges at strategic locations to link highly populated areas along the route are expected to alleviate congestion within the local road network.
- Provide better traffic management: This upper hierarchy of road network will sustain existing and new growth centers in Penang to propel the State into the future.
At Grade Road: 1.8 km
Elevated Road: 4.2 km
Total: 6.0 km
- Lebuhraya Thean Teik – Jalan Thean Teik
- Jalan Bukit Gambir – Jalan Sultan Azlan Shah
- Lebuhraya Tun Dr. Lim Chong Eu