PENANG THREE MAJOR ROADS AND THIRD LINK
The Penang Three Major Roads and Third Link (PMRT) is a strategic traffic dispersal plan to cater to the rising number of vehicles on the road, particularly with foreseeable major developments taking place over the next decades and to provide a long-term relief from congestion.
PMRT consists of three major roads which are toll-free as below:
- The North Coastal Paired Road from Tanjong Bungah to Teluk Bahang
- The Ayer Itam – Lebuhraya Tun Dr. Lim Chong Eu Bypass
- Persiaran Gurney – Lebuhraya Tun Dr. Lim Chong Eu Bypass
Through PTMR, we can:
- Make Penang a more vibrant and liveable city
- High multiplier economic effect, starting from the development period
- Able to attract talent and investment at par with other global cities
- Easy commute to work or play
- Increase productivity and personal time with less time on the road
- Save fuel and vehicle maintenance
- Ability to plan journey more efficiently
The Ayer Hitam – Lebuhraya Tun Dr. Lim Chong Eu Bypass is the first project to take off under the PTMP, with the groundbreaking ceremony held on 2 November 2019.