Bayan Lepas LRT
Moving Towards a Modern Penang
The proposed BL LRT line will cover a distance of 29.5 km, forming the main North-South rail backbone on the island. As the first LRT system in Penang, the BL LRT line will provide direct airport transit from Penang International Airport to major destinations on the island. The line will begin at Komtar and ends at the upcoming Penang South Reclamation (PSR) Smart City.
- 30km in length;
- 27 stations;
- First LRT line in Penang;
- Passes through high-demand areas like Komtar, Macallum, Jelutong, LCC Terminal and Bayan Lepas FIZ.
THROUGH BL LRT, WE CAN:
- Travel efficiently without getting into traffic congestion
- Travel safely and be more cost effective
- Increase productivity and personal time. Less time on the road means more time for family, work and leisure
- Move towards greener Earth. Light rail consumes less energy per passenger than cars and thus, less carbon footprint